Got some time on your hands? Here are our Top 10 Hospitality, Bartending & Event FREE online training courses, guides, magazines and blogs – for those of you feeling productive during lockdown!
1) HAP Academy – if you have passed an interview with us you will have access to our free online training academy, featuring 6 bespoke courses in Hospitality, Bar Training, Catering, Health & Safety, Customer Service & Scottish Mandatory Licencing Training – just log into your account to access these.
2) The Difford’s Guide – the global authority on drinking culture: its website has enough articles, cocktail recipes and general alcohol knowledge to keep you busy for months!
3) Typsy – okay, so this website is usually paid, but due to COVID-19 they are offering free subscriptions until Sept 2020 (just make sure to cancel before then if it is out of your budget). Typsy is modern, fun and easy to use- with over 550 online training courses, made by a community of international industry professionals, with a big focus in customer service and hospitality skills.
4) Healthy Hospo – a not-for-profit community who provide information, advice, support, and training on mental & physical health and how to thrive, for all those in the hospitality industry.
5) Diageo Bar Academy – prefer a podcast? Diageo have got you covered! Listen to industry professionals; our favourite episodes are Gin 101, Beer 101 and How To Look After Yourself! The Diageo Bar Academy also provides free training courses, articles and webinars from their global network of experts.
6) Vinepair’s Beer 101 – want to know more about Beer? This website has everything you could possibly need, from the basics to brewing, history, fun facts and different styles.
7) Imbibe Magazine – one of our favourites, Imbibe Magazine keeps us up to date with the current trends in the alcohol industry.
8) Endless – More of an event person? Check out Endless – they are a US based event production company, but their blog is 2nd to none, updated regularly with the best tips, tricks and advice in the industry!
9) Stand Out Magazine – the Number 1 UK Event Magazine! Keep up to date with all UK event news and stories.
10) The Open University – free courses. Not technically hospitality or event related, but the Open University have over 900 free courses on their Open Learn Program, with many relevant subjects in the Money & Business section.